AnchoredCrossAnchoredCross

Main Audio Reviews Stats 1 Fan

Recent Movie Reviews


:the Composer: :the Composer:

Rated 4 / 5 stars

Great animation, great story, but...

Was it really necessary to include that "Death-Kill" bit? All it does is further expand upon the general stereotype that "Jazz musicians hate metal"..

I myself am against this sort of prejudice. I practice ALL styles of music, anything from Samba to Bebop, Thrash to Avant-Garde, Heavy Metal to Baroque. I absolutely LOVE music, and have dedicated my life to exploring and utilizing it to my fullest extent.

I understand the overall relevance of adding "Death-Kill" into your animation, but surely you're not suggesting that "metal-heads are poor musicians", right? =)

Just a thought. And once again, great work.


People find this review helpful!

Recent Game Reviews


Tiny Evolution Adventure Tiny Evolution Adventure

Rated 5 / 5 stars

Well made indie game but, you should definitely give credit to the original developers of the idea, Squaresoft.

They made a game called E.V.O. for the Super Nintendo, and this is almost an exact copy of it.


People find this review helpful!

The Last Stand. The Last Stand.

Rated 5 / 5 stars

Simply amazing.

90% of the undead were slow moving and lethargic, where as the remaining 10% sprinted, and proved to be more of a threat. You've got the living dead etymology down to the core, my friend. Incredibly addictive, just the right amount of difficulty, and leaves you with a thirst for more. Very, VERY well done.


People find this review helpful!

Recent Audio Reviews


Megaman X3 -- Toxic Seahorse Megaman X3 -- Toxic Seahorse

Rated 0 / 5 stars

I agree with DJ-HappyFace...

You didn't "write" shit, kid. You just did a sound swap. Even then, there's virtually nothing impressive about this.

It's in desperate need of equalizing, the mids are way drowned out and the lows are barely audible. It sounds paper thin and stupid, FAR WORSE THAN THE ORIGINAL.

Quit stroking your own ego, yer not foolin' the pros.



Final Fantasy VII Boss Battle Final Fantasy VII Boss Battle

Rated 3 / 5 stars

Eh... it's alright

Pretty good, considering it has very poor production value. Definitely does NOT "rival The Black Mages rendition" like so many people keep reiterating... Everything featured in this arrangement is synthesized... The Black Mages cover captures the true intensity of the piece through REAL guitars and bass. And despite the fact that the drums are not real, they still went through an incredibly in-depth mixing process, making them sound much more powerful than the original.



All The Things You Said All The Things You Said

Rated 2.5 / 5 stars

Very well composed demo

I thought it was very well done for a demo. However, I see that you have intentions of releasing an album? Not to sound discouraging, but I'd suggest slightly better production (an audio engineer of reputable credibility) as far as recording and engineering goes. As I mentioned before, it sounds great for a demo, but to get the full impact of a song, you're gonna want someone with 5+ years experience to assist you.

This is applicable especially for album production. A musician may have great aspirations in mind when composing a piece, but without the proper mixing and mastering handling, it will still remain amongst its demo brethren.

But anyway yeah, great work. Good pan work, and interesting use of subtle verbage.


People find this review helpful!
jnry3 responds:

Yup, I'm very aware of it. Mixing and mastering is, cutting the sugar, not pro-quality. I'm still studying how to get the full sound out.

I've also upgraded my mic, so that may help the clarity of the vocals.

Again, thanks for the review! Will keep in touch with you once the new set of recordings are out. ^_^